Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FINALLY!

Finally we have internet and I am able to start afresh with a new blog that I am determined to keep up to date with the goings on at SG Stud.

We moved into our house and 10acres over the weekend - unfortunately it was raining so I didnt want to risk getting my camera wet so no pictures sorry!

The move in went pretty smoothly. Got most of the furniture into the house and all the appliances set up. Just a few more boxes left for this weekends mission. Its mostly bits and pieces that were stored in our garage at the last house in town.

I am still finding it hard to believe that after all this time I finally am able to wake up and have my horses right outside. I can come home and spend every tiny bit of daylight out and about with them.

The horses moved very well. I was a little concerned putting Shell Fire and Ishtar onto the float together, but Shell Fire was a complete gentleman even though I am pretty darn sure that Ishtar is coming into season. I am glad that I did have Shell Fire on the float as Ishtar took a while to load. Just her cautious nature :-)

I am now thinking of how to strip graze their paddocks as Shell Fire has had free rein and is getting rather rotund... Not a good look for the stallion parade coming up!

I worked him for the first time since last season tonight. He is needing the work both mentally and physically. I too am all set to get up early and head to the gym. Need to loose 10kg myself. Figure if I am making my pony fit and loose weight, I really should too. Only fair!

So here it is, first blog. I am hoping to get out and about and take some photos this weekend of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment