Monday, August 31, 2009

Stallion Parade

The day dawned a bit overcast and as I struggled to get myself out of bed at 5:30am, I was relieved that I had packed up the float and set up the the day before as all I had to worry about was catching Shell Fire and loading him into the float.

By 6:30am I was on the road. It took me an hour and fifteen minutes to get to Cambridge Thoroughbred Lodge. It also took me the best part of an hour to finish getting the area set up! Big thanks goes to Narelle for plaiting Shell Fire's mane and tail. Narelle did a fantastic job (and yes Narelle, the plaits were hard to get out!).

Here are some photos that I took of the display I had around the stable.








I will hopefully get around to editing and uploading the video taken from the parade over the next couple of nights.

Kate Peddie again took some wonderful photos. I will be using those as well once I get hold of them :-)

Next mission is re-backing Shell Fire and starting to get him ready for his career under saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment